What is Deep Retrofit?
Deep Retrofit is a government-backed Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) initiative designed to ensure that energy inefficient houses with poor BER rating are brought up to a minimum A3 standard.
Qualifying applications are grant-aided to the tune of 50% to 95%, depending on your personal circumstances, and payments are made in three stages. More detailed information about the programme available on SEAI website here.
What is covered?
Deep retrofit works typically include:
- Attic and external insulation
- Introducing PV solar panels for electricity
- A heat pump to replace oil or gas
- Window and door replacement
Who can apply?
Anyone with a qualifying house can apply but applications must be bundled together in groups of 5. You can join up with neighbours, family or friends. Local authorities, housing groups and voluntary associations also qualify.
The deadlines are up to June 6, 2018 for group works over €250,000 or July 27 for group works under that threshold.
How can 3CEA help?
3CEA already has 6 years’ experience in deep retrofit. That ensures a quality retrofit focus for clients. We have helped complete retrofits on more than 2,500 houses as well as 500 deep retrofits since 2012.
We can project manage the entire process for clients – from your initial application right through to completion and sign-off. Our services include:
- Grant application
- A full quality assessment of contractors and suppliers
- Procurement of the best value contractor
- Managing contractor deadlines
- Sign off and Grant draw downs
- Arranging finance with the appropriate lender, if required
Get in contact:
More information: call 3CEA office on 056 7790 856 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in expression of interest form :