On Thursday 02/07/2015 Jonathan Griffin & Paddy Phelan (CKEA) presented to The Association of Irish Energy Agencies (AIEA) on the Data4Action project. This is an IEE project which aims to foster collaboration models in energy data exchange between public authorities and energy data providers.
The Data4Action project promotes energy data exchange to improve decision making in relation to:
- sustainable energy use;
- reducing energy waste;
- improving energy efficiencies;
- and to make the local region a more attractive prospect to grow existing business and create inward investment from an energy view point.
Partner collaboration is crucial to the success of the Observatory, it is key for the project to build an effective partnership with stakeholders to gather energy data for the Observatory.
The data4action project will aim to:
Provide a platform to enable stakeholders to SHARE Energy Data to improve sustainability!
- Support knowledge transfer and replication in other European regions;
- Holistic approach to sharing energy data between utilities and industry to improve public authorities’ access to energy data for a better design and monitoring of SEAPs;
- Actively demonstrate energy data exchange collaboration models that are currently ‘in action’ in the twelve European partner regions;
- Real time data available on the Regional Energy Observatory http://energyhub.ie/, which through the partners’ collaboration will be constantly evolving and improving the Observatory dashboard information for all;
- Effectively mobilise public authorities and energy data providers in a win-win partnership.
It was also highlighted that the Data4Action project could be beneficial to all local regions.
Powerpoint Presentation: [download id=”1940″]