Save money on energy bills.
The Government has launched a new grant scheme encouraging homeowners to install solar power generators.
The pilot scheme offers grants for the installation of solar photovoltaic panels and battery storage systems. SEAI grant offers homeowners up to €3,800 to support the installation of Solar PV panels and battery energy storage systems. This will reduce the electricity a homeowner currently purchases from a supplier and can save you around €220 a year in electricity costs by taking advantage of the scheme.
Announcing the grants for homeowners, Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment, Denis Naughten TD said:
“Turning your home into a renewable power station is now one step closer. Microgeneration is an incredibly exciting space that will allow citizens in local communities to generate their own electricity and contribute towards Ireland’s climate action targets.”
“With this grant that I am announcing today, a typical 3-bed semi-detached house would spend about €1,800 on a solar panel system and would save approximately €220 per year on their electricity bills.”
The scheme will be funded by the Department of Communications, Climate Action and Environment and administered by the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI).
What is required?
- The grant is available to all homes built before 2011 – and will be reviewed in six months time. The review will assess installation costs and examine how the scheme can be expanded.
- Solar PV systems are rated in kilowatts (kW). A 1kW solar PV system would require 3 or 4 solar panels on your roof.
- Any excess electricity produced can be stored in a battery, or other storage solution like your hot water immersion tank. It can also be exported from your house into the electrical network on your street.
- A registered solar PV installer must be used and a full list of registered installers is also available on the SEAI website.
Important links and dates
- The grant is available for all new Solar PV installations from Tuesday 31st July 2018.
- Find out how much you can save.
- How to apply: www.seai.ie/grants/home-grants/solar-pv/
- Details of eligibility criteria and how to apply are set out here.
- More detailed information about the programme available on SEAI website.
How can 3CEA help?
3CEA already has extensive experience in coordinating solar PV and renewable energy projects. Read O’Shea Farms based in county Kilkenny success story here.
For more info please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the expression of interest form below:
[contact-form-7 id=”3627″ title=”Solar PV Grant”]