We would like to give you and overview of SEAI business supports and grants and the programmes that are currently available and can help your business or farm to become more sustainable, innovative and smarter to meet your energy needs. SEAI business grants have helped organisations all over Ireland make significant savings.
Grant for dairy farmers now open
In partnership with Teagasc, SEAI are offering dairy farmers grant support for more efficient vacuum and milk pumps. First launched in 2017, the scheme has already helped more than 110 farmers nationwide. We are now accepting applications for 2019. The closing date is the 29th March and up to €500,000 is available. Find out more and apply
Funding for commercial heat pumps
The Support Scheme for Renewable Heat is a government funded initiative designed to increase the energy generated for heat from renewable sources. We are now accepting applications for renewable heating systems that use the following technologies:1. Air source heat pumps
2. Ground source heat pumps
3. Water source heat pumpsThe installation grant provides funding of up to 30% of eligible costs to successful applicants. The scheme is open to commercial, industrial, agricultural, district heating, public sector and non-domestic heat users. Learn more about the scheme and how to apply
Reduce your tax bill and energy costs with ACA
Accelerated Capital Allowance (ACA) is a tax incentive encouraging investment in energy saving technology. The ACA is based on the long-standing ‘Wear and Tear Allowance’ for investment in capital plant and machinery, whereby capital depreciation can be compensated through a reduction in an organisation’s tax liability. The ACA scheme allows a sole trader, farmer or company that pays corporation tax in Ireland to deduct the full cost of the equipment from their profits in the year of purchase.
Exceed grant now open!
- A fund of up to €6 million is available for projects delivering best practice in the design, construction and management of buildings for optimum energy efficiency.
- Successful applicants will be currently in the design phase of planning capital projects for new or existing buildings.
- In order to qualify for a grant, participants must follow the SEAI EXEED standard and embed energy efficiency measures in the design of their projects.
- The grant is open to public and private organisations who are planning an investment project of any scale or complexity.
- Energy savings in excess of 30% are common and in addition to the energy and climate impacts, the SEAI EXEED certification will assist businesses to become more efficient, competitive and resilient.
The 2019 – SEAI EXEED grant application process is now open. For further information on the scheme and details on how to apply
You can view the successful 2018 Exceed applicants here: http://www.enviro-solutions.com/19-exeed-energy-grants.htm
Lighting Upgrade Grant for SMEs
The SME Lighting Support Scheme will reopen in April 2019. To register your interest please email Business@seai.ie. Watch this space.