What is EWB SDG Day?
Engineers Without Borders SDG Day takes place on 4th March this year, which is also World Engineering Day for Sustainable Development. It sees individuals and companies collaborating to raise awareness of the UN SDGs while supporting the work of Engineers Without Borders in communities around the world.
What are Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs)
The UN’s SDGs are part of their 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Envision2030, and were adopted in September 2015. There are 17 goals set out as a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future.
To learn more about the UN’s Sustainability Development Goals and their 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, follow this link to the UN’s official site
How to Participate in EWB SDG Day
Simply register with EWB by emailing email@example.com to let them know you’re taking part. Once done, you can then participate in one of the following ways…
- Select one (or more) of the UN SDGs which you would like to promote
- Create a virtual background to represent that Goal and what it means to you
- Use this during EWB SDG Day for your virtual meetings
- Alternatively you can post a photo of yourself with a message “I‘m supporting Goal X on EWB SDG Day because…
- Raise awareness of your SDG with your colleagues and network by sharing a screen grab of you and your background on social media with the hashtag #EWBSDG
- Don’t forget to tag EWB Ireland so they can share it and increase the reach
- Individuals can donate to the work of EWB through their website to participate.
- Companies can make one donation on behalf of their whole team