Would you like to develop a renewable energy project in your community? Would you like to know what barriers you should look out for?
About this event
On September 28th, 3cea will host a two-part event for communities interested in developing a renewable energy project.
The first part of the webinar is specifically for those in the Kilkenny and Carlow area. In this session Rory Mullan from Mullan Grid will share the findings of the study they carried out into grid availability in Kilkenny and on the Carlow border. To develop a renewable energy project, there must be capacity in the electricity grid to take the power you produce. A study was carried out to determine where the greatest opportunity for community renewable energy may be.
Part 1 of our webinar will be presented by Rory Mullan of Mullan Grid. Mullan Grid Consulting is an electrical engineering consultancy specialising in the grid connection and electrical design of renewable generators. Mullan Grid compiled the Grid Study that will be discussed.
Agenda – First Session:
• 9:30am – Part 1 – Introduction
• 9:40am – Grid Study Findings
• 10:20am – Q&A
• 10:30am – Break
Part 2 of our webinar is open to all communities in the Southeast and will look at the steps and considerations a community must take in the development of a renewable energy project. In this talk the speaker will speak on key development tasks in renewable energy projects such as:
- Securing land rights
- Constraint mapping
- Planning assessments and submission
- Grid application submission and payment milestones
- Qualifying and tendering for auction
- Preparing legal structures
- Preparing community investment proposal and processes
- Promoting and communicating the project and investment opportunity within the community
- Key external factors such as the RESS auction rounds
The second session will be an introduction to these topics and will be presented by Tom Bruton of BioXl, an energy consultancy with expertise in renewable energy.
• 10:45am – Part 2 – Introduction
• 10:50am – Community Renewable Project
• 11:30am – Q&A
• 11:45am – End
Please note that if you cannot make this event, we will hold a similar event later in the autumn. If you would like to be updated on when this event will be please email firstname.lastname@example.org