and legislation will be explored to help SMEs tailor their solutions to foreign market conditions.
STEPS Voucher Call One
- The First STEPS Voucher Call opened January 2021
- The SMEs chosen in that call received the First Voucher Support which was the support of the international expertise from the Knowledge Partners (NUIG, Ireland and TU Darmstadt, Germany), equal to €12,000
- From these SMEs, no more than half will be chosen to receive the Second Voucher Support.
The Second Voucher Support will include a bursary of €50,000 to implement tailored product development at the testbed (Wexford County Hall for 3cea SME)
- Clean Tech have been awarded the Second Voucher Support for the First Call
Second Call for STEPS Voucher Support – Closed
- The second call for the STEPS Voucher Support opened May 25th. This call was extended to June 17th.
- SMEs are now being considered to receive the First Voucher Support.
- Successful applicants will receive the First Voucher Support by August 2021 and will be considered for the Second Voucher Support as early as January 2022
Are you a SME operating in the energy storage market? The recently released STEPS NWE State-of-the-Art Report on Storage Technologies, Opportunities and Trends can offer expert insights.
- As part of the EU-funded STEPS project, renowned organisations investigated the current state of medium-capacity energy storage (e-storage) and the e-storage industries based in North-West Europe (NWE).
- This report seeks to help SMEs make informed decisions, seize opportunities, and boost their products
- The report covers information on e-storage products and installations in the medium capacity range (5 kWh – 2 MWh), and classifies different energy storage technologies e.g. chemical, electrical and electrochemical.
- Furthermore, it describes the different applications such as home energy storage systems in combination with photovoltaic electricity generation for households, grid-scale installations for industrial use and utilities and electromobility for private as well as public transportation.
- The first call for applications opened on the 11th January 2021
- This call includes two successive vouchers.
- The first Voucher started in February and is now coming to an end. The second Voucher can start in August and will last 6 to 12 months.
- Clean Tech have been awarded the Second Voucher Support for the First Call.
- The Second Call for the STEPS Voucher Support (Voucher 1) is now open.
- There is more information available on the Second Call here.