Energy Now Expo Ireland is boosting its offering by including a Rural Business Expo, to showcase expert farm diversification advice. The pioneering event for farmers and landowners has announced that it’s rebranding as ‘Energy and Rural Business Show Ireland’.
Run in association with the Irish Farming Association (IFA) and Teagasc, and taking place at the The Hub at Cillin Hill, Kilkenny on 23 and 24 October 2019, Energy and Rural Business Show Ireland is the one stop shop for the latest opportunities in renewable energy and carbon management as well as practical farm diversification advice. Continue reading “Leading renewable energy show returns with dedicated farm diversification advice”
28th June 2019 at 7:45am
Cian McCormack continues his ‘Ireland by electric car series’ and reaches Kilkenny in his family hatchback e-car to chat to 3CEA Manager Paddy Phelan about the energy challenge to reduce emissions by 2030. Morning Ireland (RTE)
27th June 2019 Cian’s Ireland by e-car journey begins in Wexford. Cian McCormack starts his Ireland by e-car series in Wexford and discusses nuclear power. Listen to “Part two of Cian McCormack’s travels around Ireland in an electric car” Morning Ireland (RTE) Continue reading “RTE reporter Cian McCormack continues his ‘Ireland by electric car series’ and reaches Kilkenny in his family hatchback e-car”
On Saturday the 22nd of June 2019, the SEAI welcomed sustainable energy advocates from all parts of the country to Athlone Institute of Technology for its fourth annual National Sustainable Energy Community Event. This event celebrated community involvement in SEAI’s Sustainable Energy Community (SEC) program.
There are over 300 SEC network members in Ireland at the moment, each community at varying stages of the journey to becoming more sustainable and taking control of their energy use.
3CEA Senior Energy Engineer Alex Hamilton was delighted to attend the SEC event and join the conversation as we are now facing an enormous challenge in relation to climate change. In fact, the new climate action plan outlines plans for 1500 SECs. Leading energy transition is dependent on the commitment & passion at community level. Watch this space. Continue reading “SEAI Celebrates 300 Sustainable Communities with 4th Annual National Sustainable Energy Community Event in Athlone”
Better Energy Communities (BEC) Programme
Funding Source: SEAI
- Cross-sector projects for increasing the energy performance of buildings, community facilities and transport systems
- Residential housing upgrades to stock built prior to 2006
- Private sector non-residential building works
- Commercial organizations
- Voluntary organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Public sector non-residential works
- A maximum grant funding of up to €1,000,000 is available for any one project
- The recommended minimum grant application value will be €30,000
- Up to 50% funding to community facilities – community halls, resource centres, schools, sports clubs etc.
- Up to 30% funding for private sector – SME’s, large commercial buildings, private nursing homes and hotels
- Amount of funding received is dependent on the project’s BEC evaluation
- Projects greater than €250,000 must be approved by the board of SEAI
- Projects under €250,000 may be issued contracts subject to approval but prior to the announcement of the evaluation BEC results
- Maximum funding levels for each component of project:
Continue reading “Grants Master List”
We want to send a big thank you to everyone who participated in our survey.
And a special congratulations to Lara F. the winner of €250 One4All Voucher!
In case you missed the survey, but still want to participate, click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CJ7LL5T
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
3CEA invite you to take a survey on Urban Energy Demand Supplied by Rural Low Carbon Energy Supplies.
This survey is targeted at large industry networks & large energy users.
3CEA are currently involved with Interreg North West Europe Renewable Energy Regions project in partnership with 9 other partners (7 NWE countries) including our local partners Waterford Institute of Technology (WIT) and Ormonde Upgrading Limited (OUL).]
Every fully completed survey will be in with a chance to win a €250 One4All Voucher. Continue reading “Win a €250 One4All Voucher: take our survey! Urban Energy Demand Supplied by Rural Low Carbon Energy Supplies Survey – Transition to Biogas”
Applications open today Support Scheme for Renewable Heat (SSRH)
The second phase of the Support Scheme for Renewable Heat (SSRH), which will provide operational support for biomass boilers and anaerobic digestion heating systems has now opened.
This round of the Scheme will support businesses and farms for up to 15 years for the installation and on-going use of biomass and anaerobic digestion heating systems. The Scheme is designed to support up to 1,300 GWh of renewable heat per year (equivalent to the heating needs of circa 120,000 homes).
3cea welcome the recent announcement for the Support Scheme for Renewable Heat (SSRH). Reference: https://www.dccae.gov.ie/en-ie/news-and-media/press-releases/Pages/Minister-Bruton-Announces-Support-for-Renewable-Heat.aspx
Making the announcement Minister Bruton said: “If we are to cut greenhouse gases, we must replace fossil fuels by renewable sources. This scheme is designed to replace fossil fuel heating systems by heat pumps and by heat from biomass or anaerobic digestion. These are sustainable and renewable sources.” Continue reading “Support Scheme for Renewable Heat (SSRH) phase 2 opened by Minister Richard Bruton”
A new grant for Solar PV for farmers opening shortly!
A series of new grants available for Irish farms under the Targeted Agricultural Modernisation Scheme (TAMS) on-farm investment scheme has been announced by Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine Michael Creed.
The new measure will make €10 million worth of grants available for energy efficiencies and renewable energy technologies, following a comprehensive review of the TAMS scheme designed to increase its focus on sustainability.
Eligible investments include:
- Solar PV Installation on Farms – to extend current availability under the scheme to all sectors. Grant aid in this initial pilot phase of up to €9,300 or up to 60% of the overall cost will be available to fund a 6kWp solar system;
- LED Lighting – all lighting funded under the scheme will be required to be LED lighting. LED Lighting uses a fraction of the electricity consumed by conventional lighting. The current specifications for TAMS II include lighting in all new farm structures. In future, only LED lighting only will now be grant aided.
Get in contact today to see how we could help!
3 Counties Energy Agency is currently preparing a new 5 year Strategy and would welcome your views on the things that we should do to help you, your community or your business to tackle the challenge of Climate Change.
We currently deliver:
- Energy use audits for your home or business.
- Project management services for energy-related projects.
- Access to major EU and State energy-related funding.
- Retrofit projects to improve public housing energy performance.
- Technical expertise in upgrading public lighting installations and reducing energy consumption.
- Innovative financing models to facilitate energy upgrades.
We would like to hear your feedback, take our survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BRX9SVF
Create your own user feedback survey
If you would like to send a written submission for our next Strategic Plan, or if you would like to talk to someone about our services, we can be contacted at:
3 Counties Energy Agency
Kilkenny Research and Innovation Centre
St Kieran’s College
Telephone: +353 (0)56 7790856
The South-East Regional Enterprise Plan builds on the success of the South-East Regional Action Plan for Jobs (2015–2017) to ensure that it remains effective and that it continues to deliver jobs across the South-East region and can be robust to address the challenges we face, including Brexit.
New Plan is one of nine Regional Enterprise Plans being launched by Minister Humphreys to drive enterprise growth in the regions.
Continue reading “New Regional Enterprise Plan for the South-East – 3CEA supporting the counties of Carlow, Kilkenny and Wexford towards the low carbon economy”